Honey Walnut Ice Cream
Ingredients for ice cream;
2 cups of (400 g) Cream
4 tablespoons of strained yogurt
4 Egg yolks
½ vanilla beans
1 tea cup of milk
3 tablespoons of Balparmak Honey
For the walnut croquant while serving;
1/2 cup of crushed walnut
3 tablespoons of honey
1 tablespoon of olive oil
First, place the egg yolks in an oval bowl and place it on a bowl filled with hot water to whisk them in a bain-marie.
- Boil the milk with fresh vanilla and sieve over the egg.
- Cook the egg in a bain-marie continuously stirring in one way using a wooden spoon. Stop when you see it is getting darker. Otherwise, the egg will be decomposed.
- Whisk the cream using a wire whip or mixer. Add the yogurt.
- Add the egg mixture (custard) over the cream.
- Add honey into the mixture with very slow movements and wait for 6 hours in deep freeze section of the refrigerator.
- Fry the walnuts in butter. Add honey and boil them on a low heat until the honey sticks to the walnuts. Add butter and take it from the stove. Spread it on a flat tray and let it cool.
We are now preparing a kind of croquant, but since we will not use sugar here, the speed of fire must be taken into consideration to get good results. When the mixture cools, it must be hard enough to break.
- When the ice cream is in deep freeze, you will get a more viscous texture if you stir and mix at the beginning of each hour.