Protection of Personal Data
As Altıparmak Inc. (Altıparmak Gıda Sanayi ve Anonim Şirketi), we take security very seriously. We wish to inform you about the “Turkish Personal Data Protection Law,” which was drafted to ensure the confidentiality of your personal data.
- a) About the Data Supervisor
Altıparmak Inc. processes your personal data under Turkish Personal Data Protection Law No. 6698. Altıparmak Inc. takes responsibility for data under the law.
- b) The Purpose of Processing Your Personal Data
Your personal data is processed agreeable to the conditions related to personal data processing listed in articles 5 and 6 of the Turkish Personal Data Protection Law.
The purposes of processing your personal data include, but are not limited to, ensuring the legal and commercial standing of Altıparmak Inc. or Altıparmak Inc.’s business partners, carrying out Altıparmak Inc.’s commercial activities, and administering Altıparmak Inc.’s human resource and employment policies.
Every kind of technical and administrative precaution has been taken to prevent your personal data from being unlawfully processed or accessed, and to protect your personal data in a secure way.
- c) Sharing Your Personal Data
Your personal data may be shared with Altıparmak Inc. and its subsidiaries, with Altıparmak Inc.’s shareholders, with business partners, customers, suppliers, and outside service providers, as well as legally authorized public institutions and organizations, agreeable to the conditions stated in articles 8 and 9 of the Turkish Personal Data Protection Law.
The purposes of sharing your personal data include, but are not limited to, ensuring the legal and commercial standing of Altıparmak Inc. or Altıparmak Inc.’s business partners, carrying out Altıparmak Inc.’s commercial activities, and administering Altıparmak Inc.’s human resource and employment policies.
The necessary security measures are taken when sharing your personal data.
- d) Methods of Collecting Your Personal Data and the Legal Reasons for Doing So
For the purpose of carrying out our operations, Altıparmak Inc. collects your personal data through surveys, internet sites, Altıparmak Inc. representatives, and various similar channels, and processes it agreeable to the conditions listed in articles 5 and 6 of the Turkish Personal Data Protection Law for a variety of legal reasons.
- e) Your Legal Rights Regarding Your Personal Data
As stipulated by law, you have the following rights regarding your personal data:
- Learn whether or not your personal data has been processed
- Request information if your personal data has been processed,
- Learn the purpose of your data processing and whether or not it is being used for its intended purpose,
- Know the third parties to whom your personal data has been transferred, both domestically and abroad,
- Request a correction if your personal data has been processed as incomplete or inaccurate,
- Ask to have your personal data erased or destructed as per the stipulated conditions in Article 7 of the Turkish Personal Data Protection Law,
- Ask third parties to whom your personal data has been transferred to be notified of the procedures carried out in compliance with items number 5 and 6.
- Object to the unfavorable consequences occurring as a result of an analysis of your personal data by exclusive means of automatic systems,
- Request compensation for any damage arising from the unlawful processing of your personal data
To exercise the stated rights, you can appeal to Altıparmak Inc. using the guidelines explained in the “Application Form,” which is available via the above link. When new procedures are defined by the Personal Data Protection Law, Altıparmak Inc. will announce these procedures.
Appeals that you make in this regard will be finalized within the shortest timeframe possible and within 30 days at most. The appeals in question are for the moment free of charge. However, should the Turkish Personal Data Protection Law announce a fee schedule, a fee will be charged in accordance with the schedule.